100 people joined us to celebrate Immigrant Welcoming Congregations First Year Anniversary
Thank you for your support!
ImmigrantWelcoming Congregations First Year Anniversary was a lovely event with about 100participants in attendance! Thank you to all our supporters and attendees. Here are some of the highlights:
- Workshops gave valuable information about the Post-Detention Accompaniment Network, Immigration policy and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals.
- The interfaith service lifted up personal stories, the commitment of Immigrant Welcoming Congregations and welcomed two new congregations: Unity Temple Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Oak Park and First Spanish Central Church.
- Two paralegals met with about ten persons seeking legal advice.
- Representative Lisa Hernandez gave a remarkable speech about how you can support the Highway Safety: Driver License's for All Campaign.
- The reception allowed for networking and the enjoyment of delicious food prepared by Iglesia Unida's hospitality committee.
The event was a great success thanksto you!
For next steps and how to get involved oryour congregation involved in the HighwaySafety: Driver License's for All Campaign please visit our webpage: http://crln.org/Drivers-License.Please contact us if you have any questions. The bill is schedule to be introducedat the end of November, helps us turn this campaign into a victory for ourcommunity!
Sadly, Representative LaShawn Ford wasunable to be present at the event. We have sent him a follow-up e-mail. We willbe in communication with his office to obtain a concrete answer about hisposition on the campaign.
Save the date: The official public launch of the HighwaySafety: Driver's Licenses for All will be Tuesday, October 30, 2012. Please letus know if you join CRLN as we support the launch of this campaign- pleasereply to this e-mail if you plan to attend.
Location:Teamsters Local 705 Auditorium (300 S. Ashland Ave, Chicago).